Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"My Friend", by D.J. Higgins


My friend, I stand in judgment now,
And feel that you're to blame somehow.
On this earth I walked with you day by day,
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory,
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim,
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on earth,
You never told me of your second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that's true;
I called you friend and trusted you.
But now I learned, now it's too late,
You could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
You let me live, love and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you friend in life,
And trusted you in joy and strife.
Yet in coming to this dreadful end,
I cannot now call you "my friend".

Source

Image: Evgeni Dinev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

">