Monday, September 26, 2011

Family-Friendly DVD Series


I stumbled across the Love Comes Softly DVD series a few years ago and loved it. In case you haven't heard of it, there are 8 movies based on the series of books written by Janette Oke. The movies are written and directed by Michael Landon Jr, and are set in the 19th Century.

The main character Marty travels west with her husband to try and find some land where they can build up a farm and begin a family. Tragically though, Marty's husband is killed and she must make the difficult decision about whether to stay out west or return to her family. The other movies in the series then tell the story of Marty's family as it grows and changes through the years.

This series is family-friendly and I can't wait until my children get a bit older and we can all snuggle up on the couch and watch the series together.

I'm so excited because I heard the other day from my Sugar Pie Sista DeNiece that they have made two more movies in the series, Love Begins and Love's Everlasting Courage (which will come out later in the year). Hooray!